Quidditch Australia is pleased to announce that the organising team for this summer’s Australian Quidditch Championships, QUAFL 2016, has been selected. We look forward to bringing you a thrilling and competitive event, held at the Australian Institute of Sport in Canberra on the 10th and 11th of December.
The team is as follows:
- Matthew Ingram – Tournament Director
- Nicholas Hirst – Assistant Tournament Director
- Merryn Christian – Assistant Tournament Director
- Jamie Turbet – Merchandise Director
- Nic Radoll – Logistics Director
- Sophie Fitch – Team Liaison
We are still looking for a Media Director and a Volunteer Director. Please email your expressions of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter if you would like to become involved. Various gameplay related positions will be advertised at a later date.
Below is a rough outline of the schedule for the event. The exact times are subject to change, and will be finalised closer to the date, but the broad outline will stay the same. It is our intention that this will help attendees make travel and other arrangements.
The schedule outline is as follows:
- 9am-3pm Wheelchair Quidditch
- 10am-2pm Local High School Kidditch
- 3pm-6pm Quidditch Australia AGM
After the events of Friday, all attendees are invited to a casual pre-tournament get-together in the city from 7pm.
- 8am-6pm QUAFL 2016 (Pool Play)
- 8am-5pm QUAFL 2016 (Pool Play and Bracket Play/Finals)
- 8pm-late QUAFL 2016 Social at Mooseheads
Team and Player registration timeline
Team and player registrations will be handled differently this year compared to previous QUAFLs. It is important that you read, and understand, the timeline and points below to ensure your teams compliance and participation in QUAFL 2016.
Registration and expression of interest forms will be released in the coming weeks, as well as other team information relevant to attendance. In particular, expressions of interest for the QAI charter bus to and from Sydney.
The QUAFL Timeline is as follows:
- End of August: Team registration closes
- 30th September: Team registration closes
- 1st October: Player registration opens
- 14th October: Team final registration opens
- 31st October: Team final registration closes
NB: Along with final registration, team are required to submit an initial roster at this stage, which must include any athletes intending to play for that team at QUAFL. No more transfers can happen after this date, and all individuals on a team’s initial roster must be registered with that team with QAI. There is no limit on the amount of people that can be on this initial roster
- 14th November: Player registration closes
- 25th November: Final rosters due
NB: QA reserve the right to decline invitations for teams bringing less than twelve (12) registered players. This rule is being implemented to prevent injury from teams who are only fielding minimum players as well as ensuring the integrity of the tournament.
The decisions to include two stages of rosters was to allow for early confirmation of teams while still allowing individual teams to take up until 2 weeks before the event to decide their squad, to account for potential injuries, extenuating circumstances, and selection. Teams that drop out after confirming in the final team registration phase will face appropriate penalties. This is to ensure the organising committee does not have to make last minute changes to the schedule.
Feel free to contact email@example.com with any questions, queries, or concerns.